Most people think of summer as wedding season. Why do people forget about how magical winter could be? I am here to shed some light on why having a winter wedding is a great idea!
While summer may be a lot of couple’s number one choice to get married because of the amazing weather there are a few downsides to consider. People make so many personal plans in the summertime such as travel, patio/BBQ parties, special events and more. Couple’s may be disappointed when not all of their guest list is able to attend their special day. Many guests would also prefer to be outside enjoying our short summers rather than being inside a banquet hall. Do not forget that while the weather may be amazing, the sweltering heat may affect a lot of hair and makeup.
But with a winter wedding, you can avoid all that and get stunning snowy wedding photos, holiday-themed wedding decorations, and more. Being a winter bride or groom is basically the best. Here are some reasons having a winter wedding is awesome:
1. Less Stress- You won’t have to worry about the elements since your event will likely take place inside. No rain, wind, or humidity- your hair & makeup will thank you.
2. More Venue Dates & Better Rates- Since winter weddings are not as popular as summer weddings, you will most likely have tonnes of dates to choose from. Many venues and suppliers also offer lower rates for winter months since the demand is lower. Who doesn’t love a good deal?
3. Bonus or Free Décor- A lot of venues will decorate communal or lobby space with holiday décor around Christmas time. This adds a more celebratory feel to your special day.
4. Cheaper Travel & Accommodation- Winter weddings allow guests to take advantage of off-season pricing for their travel and accommodation options.
5. No Wedding Fatigue- How many times have you heard people complain about having to attend 5 weddings in a summer? It can take a very costly toll on a guest. However, if guests have one wedding to attend in the winter it can be something they look forward to. In addition, the couple may be able to receive their wedding photos or film faster than summer couples because vendors are less busy.
6. Stunning Snowy Photos- If you’re blessed with a sprinkling of snow ahead of your big day, you can snap some stunning snowy wedding photo.
Written by Pauline Ozga, Sales Manager at Vantage Venues